This is our structured, therapeutic, live-in program that addresses the core issues that cause substance use and addiction and identifies ways to overcome them. The program is a well-rounded, immersive experience that will: Be based upon your individual needs and circumstances. Help to motivate you to make positive lifestyle changes in order to reduce harm […]Continue readingResidential Program
Addictions Treatment and Services
Preparing for Getting Help
You have done a wonderful and brave thing by taking steps to change your life.
We are experts on helping you prepare to take the next steps. With so much going on in your life, it is easy to not think of all the things that you need to take care of, so we can take care of you.
Our team will help you plan for entering our residential program by looking into things like:
- What happens to your current living space?
- Who takes care of loved ones or pets?
- Ensuring your obligations are met.
- What you need to bring with you.
- What you need to be mentally prepared for.
- We will walk you through all the things you might or might not have thought of, to ensure you have time and energy to focus on getting the help you need.
- Your treatment program will require your full attention. Please ensure that all external community appointments or commitments are met prior to admission.
Getting the help you need
Now that you are ready to make such an important change, it is time to tell you how to begin the process to work with us. Our admission criteria is listed below.
Please take a moment to review them and fill out our intake form.
To access our services, you must meet the criteria listed below.
- You are 16 years of age or older.
- You have an addiction to alcohol and/or other psychoactive drugs.
- You have been abstinent from alcohol and/or all psychoactive drugs for at least 72 hours prior to arrival.
- Willing to attend self-help meetings such as A.A. and/or N.A.
- Must participate in a scheduled personal screening interview prior to acceptance into the Nipissing Mental Health and Housing Support Services Addiction Services, either in person or by telephone.
Overcoming addiction is not a one-time thing. Our trained, professional experts know this, and we have built a long-term strategy to help you keep the healthy lifestyle you have worked to earn. The Aftercare Program is designed around research that shows: Continuing care is essential to successful recovery. Recovery is a lifelong process. It’s a […]Continue readingAftercare Program
This program is designed to create healthier lives for those of us living with substance issues through stable housing and supports. You live in stable housing, with professional support. We help you avoid readmission to addiction programs. The services are uniquely individualized to each participant. The program is based on a housing-first and harm reduction […]Continue readingAddiction Supportive Housing (ASH) Program