The Brief Intervention Case Manager receives referrals from any source including self-referral, and can provide support, referral and advocacy to clients who are dealing with a mental health issue and are in need of brief assistance. Services are provided on a short-term basis (up to six months) to meet the immediate needs of clients and facilitate referrals to long-term services as required.
- Referrals and links to other community agencies
- Emotional support
- Stress management
- Problem-solving and coping skills
- Short-term medication management
- Must be at least 16 years of age and live in the District of Nipissing.
- Experiencing mental health symptoms precipitated by a specific issue or circumstance.
- Must require short-term assistance to resolve a particular problem or issue.
- Must be in agreement with the referral.