COMING SOON…VIRTUAL GROUP OPPORTUNITIES
A free, 12-week course for family caregivers of individuals with mental illness. The course teaches the knowledge and skills that family members need to cope more effectively.
- Attend with other family members just like you in a confidential setting
- Gain insight into how mental illness affects your relative
- Take an eye-opening look inside some of today’s current brain research related to mental illness
- Learn how families can become advocates for better treatments for their relatives
- Learn about the mental illness medications available and the latest treatment options
- Learn to cope with worry and stress; learn to focus on care for you as well as your loved ones
What you should expect
- Meets for 12 session, 2.5 hours each, free of cost.
- Designed for loved ones (over age 18) of individuals living with mental illness.
- Taught by trained family members of individuals living with mental illness.
- Provides critical information and strategies related to care giving.
- Incorporates presentations, discussion and exercises.
- Designated an Evidence Based Practice in 2013 by SAMHSA.