Important notice to our clients and the community regarding
the CMHA North Bay and District Employment Centre
We regret to inform you that our Employment Centre at 176A Main St. West, will be permanently closed effective Nov. 30, 2021. Clients may contact Yes Employment Services, 149 Main St. East, or call 705-476-3234.
Employment Centre is an Employment Ontario sponsored program, funded by the Ontario Ministry of Labour Training and Skills Development. Our focus is on meeting the employment needs of individuals experiencing barriers in our community and catchment area. The services at CMHA North Bay and District Employment Centre are client driven and tailored to meet the specific employment needs of each job seeker. Each service plan is self-directed, voluntary and varies depending on needs, goals, barriers, motivation and timeframe.
CMHA North Bay and District Employment Centre promotes equal opportunity for persons with employment barriers through collaboration with community members, businesses and organizations.
- 3 workstations equipped with large monitors, specialized keyboards and mouse, visual and auditory aids
- Assistive devices and software
- Job Board
- Community Resource Board
- Access to Labour Market information
- 1-1 computer training
- Printer, photo copier, scanner, fax, phone
Employment Support Specialists
- Job Readiness (resume, cover letter, interview preparation)
- Certificate based workshops and training
- Support for Individuals; resource allocation based on need.
- Encourage and motivate job seeker progress from start to finish
- Referrals to community service providers, education and training
- Employer contacts and disability related accommodations
- Assistance with job development placements
- 3-month follow up to monitor employment transition and support other outcomes ie; return to school, start new action plan
176A Main St. West
North Bay, ON
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.